Monday, January 30, 2012

Blueberry Breakfast cake with crumb topping!

Blueberry Breakfast Cake with Crumb Topping
Serves 12


Cake:
2 c + 1 tbl flour
1 tbl baking powder
16 tbl unsalted butter ( I use margarine, softened)
3/4 c brown sugar, packed
1/2 granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 c whole milk (I use skim)
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (I use frozen)
dash of salt

Topping:
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 cup margarine
1/2 c quick oats or regular oats, your prefernce
1 tbl cinammon

Adjust racks to middle. Preheat oven to 350*. Grease 9X13 pan. Whisk 2 c flour, powder and salt in seperate bowl.

Beat butter, sugars and on med high until fluffy (about 2 min).

Add eggs one at a time just until incoperated. Slowly add in flour mixture and milk.
 Mix well. Toss blueberries with 1 tbl flour and fold in batter. Pour batter into 9X13 pan.

For the topping melt butter and add rest of ingredients in seperate bowl. Incoporate together, then sprinkle on top of cake mixture in pan.

  Bake for 45-50 min or until toothpick in center comes out clean.

Serve and Enjoy! I am trying to decide if a nice blueberry glaze would go well with this. I have used other fruit in place of the blueberries too and it has turned out great. Pears and Apples. I think this year I am going to try blackberries when they come into season


No comments:

Post a Comment