I found this recipe for bread, altered it a little to fit our family cooking style and made it into muffins!
- 2 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- scant salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plain yougurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs (1 egg, 2tbl ground flax seed and 6 tbl water)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 c. sour cream
- 1 batch of your own cinnamon chips
- 6 T. sugar
- 6 t. cinnamon
- Cream butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon until fluffy. Add eggs and mix well.
- Add vanilla and sour cream, yougurt and mix well.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add to wet ingredients and mix until all combined.
- Add cinnamon chips and stir into batter. Set aside.
- Spoon batter into muffin pans until about 2/3 full.
- Mix 3 T. sugar and 3 t. cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle over the batter in each loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Let cool before removing from pan.