Tuesday, January 17, 2012

German Pancakes with Maple Syrup

German Pancakes
1 c milk
6 eggs
1 c four
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt ( I only put in a dash)
1/2 cup butter or margarine ( I only use 1/4 to make it a little healthier)

Melt butter in pan at 350*. I do this while I am preheating the oven to 400*. Put eggs in blender or use mixer to blend until light and bubbly. Add milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, and salt to egg mixture. Blend or beat until light and bubbly. It won't be as light and bubbly as the eggs were. It should only take a few min. After butter in pan is melted, pour egg batter on top of butter and place in oven at 400*. Bake for 10-15 min. Pancakes should puff up when they are done. Serve with powdered sugar, syrup, or jam. My favorite is Pineapple syrup, which I don't make for it very often. We usually just have maple syrup with it.

 Instant Maple Syrup
Pour 1 c boiling water over
2 c sugar and then add 1/2 tsp imitation maple
Stir until sugar is dissolved.

This isn't my favorite syrup, but it is quick, easy and inexpensive. It is good enough. Sometimes I will make a fruit syrup (recipe coming soon). That is a special treat though. It is a bit more expensive and goes quicker because it is so good. I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment