Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Microwave Caramel Popcorn

The first time I had this, my grandma made it for me and my sister. I have been in love with it ever since. If my husband liked caramel popcorn more, I would make it all the time! Good thing he doesn't or I would weigh a few extra pounds too!

Here is the Recipe. I have doubled it before, and it works out well.

Microwave Caramel Popcorn
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup Karol syrup
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp soda

3 quarts popped popcorn
 brown paper bag (not necessary I have used a microwave safe bowl and it works great)

Directions:
Pop 3 quarts popcorn and place in brown paper bag. Mix sugar, butter, salt, and Karol syrup  in 2qt bowl. Microwave 3 to 4 min stirring every min until boiling. Depending on you microwave the time varies on getting it to boil. Boil for 2 min, then add soda and stir. The soda will react with the mixture and bubble and rise.

Pour mixture over popcorn in brown paper bag. Fold bag over and shake well. Microwave for 3 min more. Remove from microwave and shake well again. If you like your popcorn a little sticky, you can stop here. If you want it less sticky. Place popcorn in microwave again and microwave for 2 min more. Allow to slightly cool before serving. Enjoy!

I have not had a paper bag before and I just use a bowl and place in in the microwave. Stir the caramel mixture around with the popcorn and that works great too.


No comments:

Post a Comment